Lantau Island
Hong Kong's best kept secret for road and mountain biking

26 December 2009

Boxing Day Ride

A tried and tested method of relieving the Christmas excess, a nice early morning ride down the South Lantau Road. Cavan, Danny, Thomas (friend of Cavan) and myself set off at 07:40 (what were we thinking) for a leisurely ride down the South Lantau Road, unfortunately Danny doesn't understand our meaning of leisurely pace so we pushed ourselves to try and keep up with him. Its quite funny, as he cycles along side you talking, you can't reply to any of his questions as you can't breath due to the pace he has set. Anyway we all managed to get to Shek Pik where we had a breather. They decided to head off to the Buddha, but I was going back to Mui Wo as my hip was hurting. I arrived back in Mui Wo 55 mins later with Danny close behind and Thomas and Cavan about 30 mins after me. Well done to them for a quick run up and down the hill.

Out again Monday,for another South Lantau Road run as the weather is good for the time being.

Since November 17 I have ridden 470km, lets see if I can get to 550km by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment